Muffins have become a staple in the house, well, frankly because I purchased a muffin pan this season and wanted to get my money’s worth :). I probably rotate between muffin recipes every week with one of them being these lemon zucchini goodness. I had some zucchini in the fridge and wanted to originally make some zucchini bread. Instead, I stumbled upon this recipe with a lemon-y twist. And I don’t know about you guys, but I love anything with lemon and zesting! These were a good alternative to the bakery style banana and blueberry muffins I typically bake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (or buttermilk)
- Juice of 1 lemon (or 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- cupcake cups (optional, for easier cleanup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin pan and set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat 2 eggs and add oil and sugar in a smaller, separate bowl, and mix well.
- Add milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in zucchini and mix evenly.
- Add the wet ingredients with zucchini to the dry ingredients and mix well. Be careful not to overtax (as with pancake batter).
- Pour into muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes (until golden).