Pancakes are a staple in our household. And with plenty of practice over the years, I’ve gotten to perfect my recipe based on an All Recipe recipe I found. With pancakes, always start by mixing your dry ingredients separate from your wet ingredients. Then combine. With this recipe, you can add bananas, blueberries, or even chocolate chips to make whatever pancakes you’re craving. Sometimes I just add a little bit of cinnamon for a vanilla, cinnamon-y plain pancake. I made homemade whipped cream and topped with coconut shavings and berries for this recipe’s photos.
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- room temperature butter (for cooking)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk eggs and butter into milk. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until lumps are gone.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and coat with butter. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour batter onto the skillet. Brown on both sides.